-

10/18/12

Pondering Things

No finished projects yet.

But I have been pondering things.  :)   I like to do that.

I recovered this chair awhile back. 


Scott found a pair of these on the side of the road and brought them home to me in all their dingy, ripped up glory. 

They were such solid, good frames so I removed the nasty old fabric and replaced it
with this brown ultra-suede and a gazillion upholstery tacks. 

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a white-wash effect on the wood pieces. 
Give it a bit of a Restoration Hardware type of a weathered look

What do you think?  Scott thinks they should stay wood...of course.


I've also been pondering how to finish this ladder.  I have a few ideas.

The ladder came from our old play structure.  Scott and Alex built a colossal CASTLE out back, so I snagged the old ladder.  ;)

It was well weathered already, so, I painted it with some DIY chalk paint.  I plan to distress it a bit and add some words down the side.  It will be perfect for hanging our cuddly throws on.  We can't leave the throws down anywhere or Sadie claims them.   See that expression on her face (above)?  I'm positive she's thinking...now why didn't they just toss that super soft throw on the floor for me to lay on???

She's so spoiled.


I got a new subway art poster to put into this big poster frame I have.
 I'm pondering dubbing this room 'The Wine Lounge'.

Do you think I'm giving away that I like wine?
 Just a bit.

Have you all heard about the Grand Opening event coming up at Inspiration Cafe

We  will be launching the first post at the NEW CAFE this coming Monday.  It's all about 'What Inspires Us'!

We would love for you to come visit the IC girls and say HI ~ this Monday at Inspiration Cafe
 
Follow Inspiration Cafe on Facebook


Don't forget to Follow P3!!!
You can follow via Google Friend Connect on our sidebar
...or...
Just choose the method from below that works best for you.  Thanks for visiting.
     Image Map



6 comments :

  1. You are one busy girl! I don't know how you've had time to ponder anything this week! I love your chairs and they would probably look great with a little white wash on them. I'm intrigued by your ladder ideas and can't wait to see what you do with it. Poor Sadie!! She's going to figure out she can just pull that soft blanket down herself one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I want that ladder!!! Want it! I love the chairs too and your cute puppy - oh she is so sweet. And the subway art - I'm dying to try my hand at making some - maybe this Summer I will xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ponder away I'm jealous of the chair the sign and the ladder I think whit wash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the subway poster! Stopping by from the Friday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all you make me want to redecorate my whole apt!
    I am your newest follower, follow back??
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete