-

11/29/11

Coffee Filter Christmas Wreaths

I have envy.  Seriously.  I try not to compare myself to others and let the green monster overtake me, but...I see all of the beautifully decorated Christmas pictures on Pinterest and all over the web and I am green with envy.  I want pretty wreaths and garlands all over my house.  Sparkly baubles adorning every surface.  A mantle perfectly arranged with Christmas bling and cheer.  And everything color coordinated and perfectly matched to my decor (and I use that term lightly in my case).  Yet, I have no mantle AND I have a budget of zero, zilch, zip, nada, diddly, insignificant, fly-speck, squat and that is okay.  There are so many more important things than filling my home with new and shiny Christmas decorations.  Like, say, feeding my bottomless-pit family.  :)  And, for some reason, they just keep coming back for more.  When will it be enough?  Are they ever satisfied???  Little chuckle here.  Seriously!  They don't seem bothered by the lack of a beautifully decorated mantle.  But they do seem to notice when dinner is not ready and waiting at exactly the moment their hunger strikes!  Reminds me of the laundry...oh don't ask me why.   I love the laundry!  I will never get enough of freeing our garments from the soils and toils of life.  It reminds me that we are trully living.  OK, I'm fibbing.  I soooo cannot find any part of laundry that I like.  But it has it's perks...like fresh smelling clothing!  Oh, and that nice feeling of pulling radiantly warm clothes out of the dryer on a cold day.  That's kinda nice too.  And that sense of accomplishment I get when I multi-task and fold everything while watching my favorite tv show.  I'm gifted that way!    Maybe I don't hate laundry as much as I thought

But I digress.  All that envy is not good for me.  So, last night as I laid in bed..then on the couch..then in bed again, wishing I hadn't had that triple-shot mocha in the afternoon, I had an idea!  Yes, a lightbulb moment!!!  So today, as the children were coloring and napping and playing legos, I got out my glue gun and a bunch of un-bleached coffee filters from the kitchen cabinet.  I grabbed a couple of fun edging scissors and went to town folding and cutting and glueing and this is what I came up with.  Not very sparkly, or fancy, or intricate but still...they are color coordinated!  I have created a tiny little corner of Christmas in my home with the simple supplies I had hanging around.  I hope you like them!!!

Just some coffee filters!  Some folding, cutting and hot glueing and they become mini wreaths!

I added some buttons and a little hanging ribbon and called it good.  :)   SIMPLE.

I pulled the red ribbons out of those ceramic ornaments and added some twine.  I just can't do the red everywhere.  Sorry Santa...I kinda like green...

This "HAPPY" print was found on Pinterest...I'll look it up and add a link if it's there.  I just love it.  I'm sure that's what happens all the time...that or people wonder if I'm a little...you know...(go ahead and inject here cuz I'm not saying it!).

I suppose I could really go for it and add a bunch more of the coffee filters for fullness. 
Nah, I'm happy with these just the way they are.

The big white buttons kinda remind me of sea shells.  Buttons are cool.

I pulled this green fabric out of a box of remnants my mom had in her closet ~ thanks for sharing mom!!!   

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest projects!!!  Don't forget to click on that follow button you see on the sidebar...it really makes me feel awesome when I get new followers...REALLY!

Sherry

11 comments :

  1. These little coffee filter wreaths would look good as ornaments on a Christmas tree and would be a fun craft for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry! Thanks for your comment over at my blog :) I couldn't respond by email - it looks like you don't have your email linked in blogger (you can do that in settings if you are interested).
    I would love to see your pinterest board with things to do with old windows! What's your pinterest link url?
    I just made a stocking hanger with another old window - I LOVE it! I will post about it soon, you should definitely check it out. I have seen a bunch of things I would love to try with these windows - these were just the easiest, and fastest, so consequently the ones I did first :)
    Anyways, thanks again for visiting!
    Lindsay
    www.craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! So thrifty smart with the coffee filters! They have so many great uses besides actually making coffee haha

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://www.mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/11/your-whims-wednesday-35-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca ~ Coffee filters are so useful. I use them for crafts with the kiddos all the time. I must have had coffee on the brain after having that mocha and getting the caffeine induced insomnia!!! Thanks for the invite...I'll stop by and link up.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the wreaths and I adore that Happy sign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You turned such a simple item into something so pretty and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these little wreaths. So many things you can do with them.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your coffee filter wreaths! Simple and lovely.
    You have a wonderful sense of humor and your life sounds all to similar too mine. It is funny how Christmas can bring out the "green" in everyone - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea!..I know whatya mean about new followers. Smile..I'm a new follower. Stop by anytime, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your decorations. The coffee filters are genius! Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete